Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Power of Prayer

Snow is wonderful! Especially when it allows you to sleep for twelve hours and finally feel rested. While doing devotions this morning and reading through Romans 9 I came across a few wonderful verses...
Romans 9:20-21, "But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'" Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for ocmmon use?
It was like a slap across my face. Truely. Just the day before, my best friend and I had spoken about how I have to focus on changing myself and I cannot change other people. (check out my previous post for my frustration) More importantly, we spoke about the need for a change in my self-confidence (which I have none of). Being a teenage girl it is not unheard of to be very unconfident, but my case is pretty bad. It flows into my relationships with other people and it is quite unhealthy. She recently told me, "GOD MADE U BEAUTIFUL AND TO DENY IT IS LIKE SAYING GOD'S CREATION IS DISGUSTING. NO YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL AND YOU ARE GOING TO BELIEVE IT!" Quite profound right? I just have not been able to wrap my mind around it. Then this morning, at just the right time, I just so happened to stumble across those verses. What a God moment. He always provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment