Friday, December 10, 2010

Freedom?!

The other day during devotions I stumbled across this passage: Romans 3:22-24, "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Christ Jesus to all who believe, There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Yes, the passage is a message for the Jews and Gentiles that righteousness and uprightness does not come from following the law, but from faith in Christ Jesus because of the sacrifice He made on the cross. This got me thinking.....am I free? I am free! Christ saved me from enslavement to sin and guilt and fear, but does that change how I live my life? I am constantly living in fear and entanglement. Yes, God gave us guidelines to live by and one might think, "That makes you enslaved to the rules of the Bible." Actually, no. It makes me even more free, because God shows us the things we should avoid in life so that we are further away from trials and pain. God shows us a way of life that has benefits and purpose and challenge and excitement, even though the world does not understand it. So, I am free. Are you? Have you recognized the gift of the Savior for YOU. Do not pass up this moment without thanking Him for all He has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment